Give Me A Bouncy "C"

I'm a musician, a dad, a writer, a marketing consultant, a husband, a believer, a son and a PR guy. I'm a transplanted Scarlett & Gray fan in the land of Big Yellow and the Orange Crush. And I'm a used-to-be blogger (PeoriaDad) who couldn't stay away.

16 January 2007

Oh, The Shame

Well, my beloved Buckeyes were brutalized in the national championship.

It was like watching a biker gang pound on a 120-lb Floyd the Barber. For the first time in my life, I actually turned the game off before it ended. I was yelling at the TV, jumping and screaming and creating a very, very dark cloud in my home. Not acceptable, that. So...I turned to my new vice instead: World of WarCraft. Talk about your addicting games! I spent the fourth quarter glued to a monitor instead of my TV.

Over the holidays I ordered a new iMac for my family -- and we're having a ball with it. Every member of the family has their own login, desktop and (restricted, of course) access to all of the seriously easy-to-use programs and features.

The options are amazing on this thing. I've been a PC guy for 20 years, but I may never go back. The difference is incredible.

All of that, though, and I find myself spending all my home computer time playing a stupid game.

Let it be known that I've never claimed to be bright...

One last bit of post-game news, this one an e-mail from a friendly Notre Dame alum:
"Hey, who dotted the "i" in Ohio last night? Oh, that is right -- Florida did!! (I have no room to throw stones as ND got whupped by LSU a few nights earlier.) Welcome to the losers lounge. Drinks are free."
Only if Charlie Weiss is buying.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're beloved Buckeyes should have been playing my beloved Wovlerines again. It would've been classic. A 3 point loss in Columbus would be a neutral site game quite interesting

     
  • At 1:55 PM , Blogger steven edward streight said...

    Thanks for blogrolling Vaspers the Grate (as in abrasive, NOT "terrific").

    ;^)

    How about explaining how iMac is better than a PC? That might be helpful, as I'm about to get a new computer in a few months probably.

    thanks

     
  • At 1:49 PM , Blogger JasonS said...

    I only wish now we had played Michigan again. At least I know we could stay in the game with them. Not so, Florida. Well, there's always next year.

    Regarding the iMac...everything you see in the Mac/PC commercials are true. I never crash. The interface is much more intuitive (my 3-year old has his own login and uses it to surf websites I've deemed appropriate -- and he never asks for help!). It looks killer. It's all in the monitor...no tower, only one electrocal plug, etc.

    No contest, Steven. Go iMac.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home