Give Me A Bouncy "C"

I'm a musician, a dad, a writer, a marketing consultant, a husband, a believer, a son and a PR guy. I'm a transplanted Scarlett & Gray fan in the land of Big Yellow and the Orange Crush. And I'm a used-to-be blogger (PeoriaDad) who couldn't stay away.

23 September 2006

One of my brighter moments...

A couple of weeks ago, I was in New York for the US Open. For work, no less. After sixteen years shooting film and video in landfills and chicken farms, my stars, it seems, finally aligned.

Well, my moment of brilliance occurred when we decided we wanted to get a shot of what it looks like to enter the city...through...the Midtown Tunnel. That's right campers. We filmed ourselves driving through the tunnel.

When we emerged on the other side of the river, one of New York's Finest was waiting for us. He pointed right at us pointed to the side of the road, and we spent the next half and hour or so explaining our complete idiocy. No, we didn't know it was illegal. Yes, you can watch us erase the footage. Yes, we actually found the tunnel interesting. "Whatchoo wanna shoot that for?" he says in his thick Bronx accent. "It's bowring."

Once they realized we were just a couple of harmless, Midwestern morons (trust me, I've never been more thankful my name isn't Mohammed), they let us go.

So God bless the men in blue. They're still kicking it hard in NY. Keep at it guys, you're the line in the sand. And God bless the poor G-man that's stuck monitoring my calls for the next forever. He's got the dullest job in government by far. And that says a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home