Give Me A Bouncy "C"

I'm a musician, a dad, a writer, a marketing consultant, a husband, a believer, a son and a PR guy. I'm a transplanted Scarlett & Gray fan in the land of Big Yellow and the Orange Crush. And I'm a used-to-be blogger (PeoriaDad) who couldn't stay away.

17 August 2006

Mom Story 01

My parents are in town for a visit. Way overdue.

At dinner tonight, Mom told us yet another story. She has a million. She gets herself into more embarrassing situations than any five other people. Easily past her legal limit, anyway.

This time...my parents took my daughter to the movies this week. Mom was getting popcorn or something while the others took their seats in the middle of an aisle.

Mom approached the aisle with movie foodstuffs in one hand and a suitcase-like purse in the other. In her path: a nice young couple at the end of the aisle.

As she approaches to pass, she turns sideways, glances down and says (all true, I swear it), "I'm sorry...but I don't want to bang you."

Oh, the power of a missing word.

The guy looks up and says, "We don't want you to bang us, either."

I told my daughter the story this evening (Mom was too embarrassed to tell her) and she said, "So that's why that couple was laughing."

Like I said, a million stories. And most funnier than this. I'll start passing 'em along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home